Grapefruit Jalapeno Mint Ice Tea Spritzer
Grapefruit jalapeno mint iced tea spritzer, say that fast five times. This drink is so perfect for the spring because it is lively. When you drink this you’re going to feel like an animal coming out of hibernation. You get the wonderful tart flavor of grapefruit and then hit with a slight kick of spice at the end.
Now this spritzer recipe is non-alcoholic. I actually came up with it because I was asked to be on Goods Things Utah, which is one of the best morning shows here is Salt Lake City. I felt weird going on TV at 10 in the morning and mixing a cocktail. With that said, you can easily add a shot or two of grapefruit vodka or a citrus rum to turn this mocktail into a legit cocktail.
How to Make This Spritzer
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 grapefruit (if you don’t want to squeeze a grapefruit buy grapefruit juice)
2-3 sliced jalapenos
1/4 cup mint iced tea
1 cup ginger ale
Simple Syrup Directions
1. Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to boil.
2. Add 2-3 sliced jalapenos to the pot and lower the heat to medium and heat for 5 minutes.
3. Strain the liquid into a pourable container. After it is to room temp you can store it in the frig for up to a week.
1. Fill a glass with ice.
2. Add 1/4 cup of the jalapeno simple syrup
3. Add 1/4 cup of mint iced tea
4. Add juice from one grapefruit
5. Add 1 cup of ginger ale
5. Stir it up and enjoy.
For a garish you can add a simple mint sprig. You can slice a jalapeno and slide it up the mint sprig. You can grab a garish stick and add a mint sprig, a slice of jalapeno and a slice of grapefruit. I hope you enjoy the spring this year and this spritzer. If you want to be featured and show off your drink making skill tag hint_of_lavender on social and I’ll share it.