Every year around Easter I make some sort of deviled eggs, which are a perfect side dish or appetizer for any Easter lunch or dinner. Now I have to warn you, I make my deviled eggs with a kick. In the past I’ve added siracha sauce, red pepper flakes, roasted peppers; but for this recipe I’ve kept it a bit milder, with a slight kick.
½ cup of mayonnaise
¼ spicy mustard
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Handful of basil leaves
Dash of ground ginger (optional and could be substituted for black pepper)
1. Boil half a dozen eggs for 10 minutes.
2. After the eggs have cooled, cut in half and scoop cooked yolks into a bowl.
3. Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, and ginger.
4. Scoop a small amount of mixture into each egg half.
5. Sprinkle with ground ginger and chopped basil.