The Holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about what food to take to a party. I have the easiest bruschetta recipe that takes maybe 10 minutes to prep, 2 hours to chill and maybe 10 to assemble. The good thing is you can prep it the night before or morning of the party and then assemble it an hour or so before you have to go. Super nice to be able to do it in stages. Let me know how you like it.
1 pound of cranberries
1 serrano pepper
1 cup of sugar
¼ cup of fresh chopped basil
1. Place the cranberries, serrano pepper and sugar is a food processor. Pulse on and off several times till cranberries are coarsely chopped.
2. Add in the chopped basil and pulse a few more times. Not too much, you want the mixture to be visible and a bit chunky.
3. Transfer mixture into a container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. For the crostini, either buy them cut and ready to go (this is easier and quicker) or buy a baguette and cut it into slices.
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place baguette slices on prepared pans. Brush lightly with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden.
7. To assemble bruschetta, spread about ½-1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each crostini. Top with a scoop of the relish.